S-TEN is a research project, co-funded buy the European Community's Sixth Framework Programme (FP6); see http://www.s-ten.eu/
One focus of this project is to link two generic worlds describing the life cycle of products, i.E. STEP (ISO 10303) and OWL (Ontology Web Language). Here we provide the first public results from workpackage 3 Linking OWL with Design and Maintenance Knowledge.
This task investigates the creation of an ontology from STEP (ISO 10303) which enables design data to be recorded using RDF/OWL. Ultimately the ontology derived from STEP will be integrated with other ontologies, as shown in the figure below.
- D3.1 Results_of_the_Technology_Validation (public extract):
- S-TEN/D3.1/clause 5 Requirements for STEP-OWL mapping language
- S-TEN/D3.1/clause 6 Core STEP data model and reference example
- S-TEN/D3.1/clause 7 Core STEP-OWL mapping specification
- S-TEN/D3.1/annex 1 ISO 1000 ontology
- S-TEN/D3.1/annex 2 ISO 31 ontology
- S-TEN/D3.1/annex 4 STEP-derived Ontology used for the technical validation
- S-TEN/D3.1/annex 7 Resulting STEP-OWL dataset